lunes, septiembre 20, 2004

I've lost a pound!

I lost another pound! Woo-hoo! I now weigh 4 pounds less than what I weighed when I went in for my first prenatal doctor visit on 5 September 2001. I was big then, but at least I'm making some progress. It's just been slow going.

It's so easy to get frustrated and think about quitting when I'm not seeing results. I'm hanging in there, though. I've lost 31 pounds since the beginning of the year, and I think the weight loss should pick up again, now that I'm more active, with all the running. If running 15+ miles a week doesn't jump start the weight loss, then I'm in trouble!

I'm also trying to watch what I eat, although I'm really not doing the SBD anymore. I usually have eggs and a sausage patty for breakfast. I have some sugar-free, fat-free yogurt for a morning snack. I've been eating Lean Cuisine meals for lunch. I eat pistachios in the afternoon. Dinner has been my biggest obstacle in the quest for healthy eating. I want to cook something that my whole family will eat. However, my husband doesn't like healthy food. He practically refuses to eat vegetables. He won't eat fish. I also have a picky toddler. When I was doing SBD, I was cooking 2 meals a night and I just don't have time for all of that. Any suggestions on good-for-you foods that taste good and I might be able to pass off as not-good-for-you foods?

2 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Pick up a Men's health magazine. quick, healthy, family friendly food. We started using a lot of their stuff when my wife was on WW but we still needed something the kids would like.

9/20/2004 08:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

Congratulations on the pound! And you are down 31 total..that is awesome!:)

I don't know anything about cooking for more than me on a daily basis...sorry I can't help you out too much. :( My favourite meals tend to be marinated chicken breast over rice...fairly healthy and possibly kid friendly?

9/21/2004 03:13:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home