sábado, septiembre 11, 2004

Feeling guilty

Yesterday we had a potluck at work. I overdid it a little, as far as the eating goes. I've been having a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch. Yesterday, I had chips and dip, chili, hashbrown casserole, and...DESSERT. Arrgh! Then I went out for dinner last night with some friends and didn't exactly eat as healthy as I could have. Then today, I missed running because I was out running errands with my husband, and by the time we would have made it home, it would have been dark. I don't mind running in the dark -- with a buddy. Running by myself at night is not something I do if I can avoid it. Then, to add insult to injury, we went out for dinner, and again, I chose not-healthy-for -me items. I haven't gained any weight. But I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I'm going to make up the distance I missed today, since tomorrow was going to be an off-day anyway. I'm also going to make better food choices.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

One day of indulgence isn't going to break your new lifestyle...I am so impressed by your motivation and commitment. Keep up the great work!:)

Running...that sounds like sheer hell to me...hahaha. :)

9/12/2004 01:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

It certainly can be, especially when you haven't done it for a while. For about a week, my body was screaming at me: "What are you doing to me?!" But that's gone, for the most part. Running is for me, almost like meditation. I run on a little bike/running trail that sits well off the road. It passes a golf course, a park, and has a couple of nice river views. If I'm out by myself, then I just enjoy the scenery and kind of let my mind wander. I've had some of my best brainstorming moments out on the trail. Tempts me to bring along a notepad...almost.

9/12/2004 09:37:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home