miércoles, agosto 18, 2004

Rant

I've been stewing on this for a few days now and I'm still pissed off about it. Over the weekend, I ordered a pizza online from Pizza Hut. This was the first time I used their website. I had considered it some time before, but it doesn't seem to be very user-friendly, i.e. to use a print coupon offer, you have to enter a code from the coupon, but the site doesn't accept any codes as valid. Anyway, so I placed my order using one of their online specials. The closest Pizza Hut to me is in a shopping center along with a grocery store, and I needed to get some things from the store also, so I placed my order as carryout. Things are going well so far. I get my total, $16.95 for a large pizza, an order of breadsticks, and tax. I select that I want to use my credit card. I'm not prompted for any card info, but I get a message that my order has been transmitted, and to be sure to take my card and photo id to the restaurant with me when I get my dinner. The estimated time is 20 minutes. I'm thinking this is going to be great. I wait about 10 minutes and then head out. I get my items at the grocer, and then drive over to the Pizza Hut and enqueue myself in their carryout drive-through. I haven't been there for more than 2 minutes when my cell phone rings. It's my husband, announcing that there is a guy at our door with the pizza. WTF?! My husband is at home cashless, checkless, unable to pay this guy for the pizza because I'm at the restaurant waiting to pick up my carryout pizza. So I tell him I'll be right there. I back out of the drive-through lane and rush home. I get there, and there's no pizza guy. My husband says that the guy had another pizza to deliver in our apartment complex, so he went to do that and will be back. I use the wait time to make out a check, for the amount of my online order. At this point, I still have some hope. Everyone makes mistakes after all. Then pizza guy reappears. I open the door and he hands me the pizza and breadsticks and informs me that my total is $21.xx. Excuse me? So I tell the guy that no, that must be wrong, that I ordered online and it was supposed to be carryout and that my total, tax included, should only be $16.95. He shows me the receipt, which has every item priced higher, as well as including a delivery charge. I'm insistent that I shouldn't have to pay more since I was quoted a price already and have an email confirmation to back it up. He borrows my phone and calls back to the restaurant and gets my bill lowered to $19.66. Wow! What a bargain. At this point, I'm so totally fed up (not to mention hungry) that I just write out a new check and give it to the guy so I can eat.

I ate the pizza, and then called the local call center to try to get this settled. I got transferred to a "manager" (who didn't offer her name and sounded younger than me) and I explained the situation. She said that it was delivered because my address showed up with the order. I explained that the site asks me to enter my address initially but doesn't give the option to rescind it later. I chose from a list of the local restaurants where I wanted to pick up my carryout. I selected the carryout option. What more should I have to do? She just asks what I want and I tell her that I don't think I should have to pay more because the store messed up the order. So now I have a $3 credit on my phone number in the Pizza Hut computer system for the next time I order. Woo-hoo. Don't get me wrong, it's not that the $3 is going to make or break my existence. It's the principle of the thing. When I order carryout and am given a fixed price, I expect to pick my order up at the restaurant and pay that price.

I later went to the Pizza Hut website and filled out a comment form regarding the situation and got a wonderful form email reply back:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting Pizza Hut. We do apologize for
your unpleasant experience and we want to address this issue
immediately.
Your comments and concerns are very important to us. We will
forward this information to the appropriate management team so that necessary
steps are taken to ensure that our customers receive 100% Customer
Satisfaction.
Again, we thank you for your input and look forward to serving
you soon.
Sincerely,
Pizza Hut Web Coordinator

That's it for now. Thanks for listening.


2 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Sounds like you had fun! We gave up on Pizza Hut a couple of years ago. If they get the price right and by chance the location right (delivery or pick-up) we can be assured the pizza will be wrong. After 3 attempts one night we just decided never to do business with them again. Oh, we never heard from the "main office". Good Luck!

Is pizza on the See Food Diet?

Keep the scale dropping :o)

8/18/2004 09:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

I'm almost at the point of giving up on them. I really don't need pizza anyway. And I'm sure the husband would appreciate not hearing me bitch for 5 days about a screwed up order. :)

The diet is still on track, even with the pizza escapade. I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained anything back. I walked on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I've taken the last 2 days off because it's been a little warm, and I've been watching the Olympics. Tomorrow will be another exercise day.

8/18/2004 09:27:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home