lunes, julio 26, 2004

So much to do

and so little time in which to do it. I'm on vacation this week and just staying at home, doing some things around the house. I'm painting my son's room and our hall bathroom, and putting up wallpaper borders in both rooms, as well as my kitchen.

I also have the daunting task of proofreading my husband's book as well as trying to find a literary agent for him. He's still writing, a part 2 or whatever. It's a sci-fi thing, which is not necessarily my favourite genre to read, but it's pretty interesting so far. I'm just wondering if it's okay reading for me,  will sci-fi enthusiasts still like it?

My 5th wedding anniversary is Wednesday. We were planning to go away for a weekend for our anniversary, but logistics got in the way. I don't have anyone who's able to watch our son for the time, and taking a 2 year old on a romantic getaway defeats the purpose. So, I think we're going out to dinner on Saturday -- I was able to find someone who can watch the kiddo for at least a few hours so we can have a kid-free meal.

But, back to my plans for the week. I'm also making some banana ice cream for my husband. Apparently back in Buenos Aires, this was available commercially, and it may be available some places in the US, but I haven't found it anywhere within 20 miles of us yet. He just wants banana -- no chocolate, or other flavours in it. That's been the catch. Banana is his favourite flavour of ice cream. I usually don't have a whole lot of extra time to make it, but this week, since I'm off, I'm going to make a double batch for him. That should make him happy.

Well, off to the home improvement tasks now.

And for anyone looking for the Spanish word of the day, don't despair: I'm going to get caught up and start posting again this afternoon.