sábado, julio 17, 2004

Saturday

Today is my last Saturday to work. Yippee! Next week, our new schedules start. I'm keeping the same hours, but will be working Monday-Friday instead of off on Wednesday and Sunday. My husband and I will actually have some time off together. He's always been a Monday-Friday guy. At present, he spends Saturday at home with the kiddo.
We went out with one of the Jons for dinner last night. That was pretty fun. We went to a local Mexican restaurant. I had never eaten at this particular place before. It was good. When he recommended the place, he said "It's real Mexican food made by real Mexicans." Is there such a thing as a fake Mexican? The meal would have been better if Enzo would have behaved. I ordered him a kids soft taco plate with rice and beans. He didn't touch it. He was screaming and crying through most of the meal. The went outside with my husband for a while, he went outside with Jon for a while. After the second trip outside, he calmed down a little and ate some applesauce I had the foresight to pack at home. After dinner, we went through the drive-thru at Starbucks and got some coffee to take home, and settled in for a game of Trivial Pursuit. Jon brought over the 20th Anniversary edition and that is hard. My husband dropped out after a few rounds. I think he was sulking because I was winning. We never finished the game. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing I was in the lead.
Tonight, I think we're going to go out with the other Jon for dinner or something. Not entirely sure. I still need to replace that nail-filled tire. I also need to pick up a few items at the grocer.