jueves, mayo 13, 2004

Thirsty Thursday

Wow. I am so well-rested this morning it's almost spooky. I went to bed early last night. It's amazing what a difference a few extra hours of sleep can do for a person. I'm almost cheerful. I'm sure the 2 cups of coffee I've already had helped some with the cheerfulness.

We have no big plans for the day today, just a regular workday for us. I'll pick up my husband and son after I get off and then go home for some familial bliss. We're having chicken kabobs for dinner tonight. I have this little electric grill that I'm going to use to cook them. We'll also have some brown rice and salad.

Speaking of food...I really need to get back on my diet big-time. I started the South Beach Diet in January, and also began exercising. I was doing so well until my birthday at the end of January. I decided to take a day off from exercising since it was my birthday and every day since then has been a no-exercise day. I haven't totally gone off the deep end as far as my eating habits go. I'm still eating relatively healthy, just not all SBD-approved foods. I've still been losing weight. It's somewhat funny, that I had plateaued on the diet and was there for almost 2 months. I was really getting frustrated. I started eating some "bad" foods in moderation and I lost 5 pounds last week alone. I think now is the time to use that momentum and go back on Phase I and drop some more. Wish me luck. The time until swimsuit season is quickly dwindling, and I have a pool 50 ft from my front door that I would like to be able to use without fear of who will see me in my suit.

On an un-related topic...I'm so ready for a vacation. I last took a vacation at Christmas 2003, so it's been about 5 months. I've only taken 2 days off so far this year. My next week of vacation is scheduled for the last week of July. Can I make it 2.5 more months? I want to actually go somewhere on a vacation, unlike the last 4 years. Sure it's nice to have some time just to spend at home, but that gets old after about the 2nd day. I want to go to Seattle. I've never been there before and I've heard good things. My husband has a friend living in the area that we could visit. He's vetoed the Seattle idea. He said that it would be a waste of money to go there. I can see his point, but it would be so nice to get away for some time. Plus, the week that I have my vacation scheduled is the week of our 5th wedding anniversary. So, he could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak, give me a vacation and an anniversary gift all in one. I haven't tried that approach yet. Hmmm....