jueves, julio 08, 2004

It's been a while...

since I actually wrote a "real" post, not a word of the day post. We had a good July 4th holiday. Didn't really do anything exciting. I took my son out to see my mom and step-dad. On the way, I stopped and bought a couple of fireworks. I got a package of sparklers and one of those rolling tank things. I didn't want to do too much since my son is so young and scar him for life or anything. The tank was cool until the reports at the end. He ran away. The sparklers weren't much better. He saw me holding one and thought it was cool and wanted to do it too, so I helped him hold one, but the problem is that his arms are so short that all the smoke it made was blowing right into his face. That was the end of fireworks for us. We were all off on Monday also because that was the "observed" holiday because the actual holiday fell on the weekend. I went grocery shopping and did some chores around the house. I went back to work on Tuesday and then was off again yesterday.
Yesterday, I went shopping and bought the Lord of the Rings edition of Trivial Pursuit. My husband and I played last night. He won. But only by one piece. Are we both nerds or what?
I'm still playing the Sims during my free time. That is such an addictive game. I have all the expansions. I'm playing 2 different families. Both families are coming along nicely in the game, as far as career, friends, all that good stuff.
I'm also excited because I have some vacation time coming at the end of the month. Next week, I'm going to be off on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I have my actual vacation from 24 July until 1 August. During that time, I'm going to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary. I think my husband and I are going to go away for a night. I'm still trying to finalize some plans.